Oh Wells, It was fun while it lasted

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Some Rulings Clarifications

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bro Ken

PostSubject: Some Rulings Clarifications   Tue May 27, 2008 8:41 am

Hey guys, there were a couple of situations that has occured that needs clarification. Some of this was from my tourney, some at dream world, some at Ed's, but these are all good to know.

Gladiator Beast: You cannot call priority to fusion summon some stupid guy

Dimension Wall: The effect does not target
Spirit Reaper: When it attacks directly OR deals battle damage, the effect to discard a card activates

Necrovalley: You can chain a card such as limit reverse to the activation of necrovalley and since limit reverse takes place before the field effect occurs

Ceasefire: Tokens do not count as effect monsters

Prohibition: You do not have to call the name of the monster card, you could state the description of it, as long as both players know what the card is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joey Wheelchair

PostSubject: Re: Some Rulings Clarifications   Tue May 27, 2008 9:25 am

Whoo Hooo, I love that last one.

Ken, I am running Gravekeepers Crush. I was prcticing tonight and (after some looking into) I am feeling a little guilty about maybe cheating Anthony on a ruling.

I have Necrovalley on the feild,

Necrovalley:As long as this card remains face up on the feild, all effects of Spell, Trap and/or Effect Monsters Cards that involve Graveyards are negated and neither player can remove cards in the graveyards from play. In addition, increase the ATK and DEF of all monsters that includes "Gravekeeper's " in their card name by 500 points.

Anthony played Sangan and Sangan was Trib'd for a Ciaus, I Pulling the Rug'd Ciaus. Anthony went to search for Sangan's effect.

Sangan: When this card is sent from the feild to the Graveyard, Select one Monster with an ATK of 1500 or less from your deck, show it to your opponent, and add it to your hand. Then Shuffle your deck.

I said "No, Sangans effect does not work. " I Quoted from Necrovalley, " Cards that involve Graveyards are negated " and from Sangan " When this card is sent from the feild to the Graveyard " I argued that as part of the condition of Sangan is that it ends up in the Graveyard then it "involves" the graveyard and therefor must be negated.

Publiclly I say I may have been wrong, but I make a valid arguement, so Ken if you have the ruling on this and Necrovalley vs " searchers " like Rat and Tomato, I would be very gratefull if you would post them here for me please. Thank you in advance. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bro Ken

PostSubject: Re: Some Rulings Clarifications   Wed May 28, 2008 1:43 am

Haha, Rats, Sangans, Tomatoes all work under necrovalley.

Rats, Sangans, and Tomatoes work because they do not target a card in the graveyard.

I'll write a forum on stuff that works under necrovalley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galactus05
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some Rulings Clarifications   Wed May 28, 2008 2:13 am

see matt lol

i thought you were 100% sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dreamworldhq.forumotion.com
Joey Wheelchair

PostSubject: Re: Some Rulings Clarifications   Wed May 28, 2008 9:54 am

I read all the rulings on NecroValley today, I can admit when I'm wrong and told Anthony so today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bro Ken

PostSubject: Re: Some Rulings Clarifications   Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:58 am

Dude, the friggin judge almost screwed me over.

There was a face up reaper, I had necrovalley face up and I have gravekeeper's assailant.
I declare an attack with assailant, and chose to activate the effect he chained mirror force.
The stupid judge said I have to wait until they accept the attack to activate the effect, what a fool.

GRAVEKEEPER'S ASSAILANT
"Gravekeeper’s Assailant" changes Attack Position to Defense Position or vice-versa. It cannot flip a monster face-down because that is not a change of battle position.

You make the change of battle position due to "Gravekeeper’s Assailant" at the beginning of the attack, so you can change the battle position even if the attack is then negated by "Magic Cylinder", etc.

If "Imperial Order" and "Necrovalley" are both in play, "Necrovalley" is still on the field so you can still activate the effect of "Gravekeeper’s Assailant".

The effect of "Gravekeeper's Assailant" targets 1 monster.

If "Gravekeeper’s Assailant" attacks, and activates its effect to change the battle position of the opponent’s "Spirit Reaper", then "Spirit Reaper" is destroyed by its own effect. Then a replay occurs because the potential attack targets on the opponent's side of the field were changed. In this case, "Gravekeeper’s Assailant" can attack again, and can activate its effect again.

If "Necrovalley" is on the field, an attack is declared with "Gravekeeper’s Assailant", and the effect of "Gravekeeper’s Assailant" is activated, and "Mystical Space Typhoon" is chained to the effect to destroy "Necrovalley", the effect of "Gravekeeper’s Assailant" is still applied because "Necrovalley" only had to be on the field to activate the effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joey Wheelchair

PostSubject: Re: Some Rulings Clarifications   Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:35 am

we had some really bad level 1 judges
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Rulings Clarifications   

Back to top Go down

Some Rulings Clarifications
Page 1 of 1