Nuked
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nuked

Oh Wells, It was fun while it lasted

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Simpsons: Favorite character?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bro Ken

Bro Ken

The Simpsons: Favorite character? Empty
PostSubject: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:04 pm

"The Simpsons" is a cartoon series that reflects many issues on today's society. They have discussed about societal themes such as corrupt politicians, lazy police officers, gay marriage, and troublesome children. The characters in The Simpsons present many stereotypes, but some, such as the main characters are dynamic. The male characters in the Simpsons family are Bart and Homer.

Homer and Bart are often portrayed with many faults and at the end of each episode, they learn a valuable lesson. Homer is often shown as the ignorant, lazy, and low intelligent middle class man, but at the end of each episode he learns lessons to improve his understanding. Bart is the rebellious son, who frustrates many school authorities and family with his pranks. Just like Homer, he changes at the end of an episode to see the harmful effects about certain decisions he makes. The female characters in the Simpsons family are also intriguing.

Marge, Lisa, and Maggie are the females of the family and each one of them contributes a different element to the show. Marge is the traditional and progressive female character. She experiences many domestic problems with being a housewife and she also explores many career aspirations. So she is experiences problems in both, the public and domestic sphere. Lisa is portrayed as the intellectual character for being intelligent or making an educated analysis of a situation. She often speaks against injustices with society, because of this, she experiences alienation among her peers. Maggie is the heroic character who saves her family during dangerous moments, she is difficult to analyze because she plays a very quiet role in the show. Although the Simpsons family are dynamic, there are also other minor characters who are notable.

All of the minor characters represent a stereotype. Moe is the lonely man, who has many distorted situations to solve problems. Barney is the drunk slob who embodies all the filthy aspects of alcohol. Chief Wiggum is the lazy corrupt police officer who only executes an action if it benefits himself. Apu is the typical foreign convenient store owner who is robbed regularly. Snake is the criminal, who ruins society but the authorities don't do anything to fix his behavior. Milhouse is the dork who is often criticized, made pushed around, and made fun of. There are many more minor characters but each of them contain very few elements. Although they seem very weak, they still present an essential role in the show by adding diversity to the show.

Now I would like to raise the question...Who is your favorite character in "The Simpsons"?
Back to top Go down
Bro Ken

Bro Ken

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Why Ken, you have wrote such an very educated analysis of a cartoon series. I think you deserve an applause. Some more minor characters are Mr. Burns, Smithers, Martin, Ralph, Lou, Comic Book Guy, Krusty the Clown.

I'm just listing it to give people ideas and more choices on who to choose.

My personal favorite is Lisa Simpson because she has strong ideals. She sees all the injustices in the world and she tries to change that. And I feel personally connected to her because she is smart, which causes problems in social interactions, and also hates getting B's. She has intelligence beyond society's boundaries by knowing faults in society's structure, business, community, and people in general. Lisa Simpson is my favorite character becasue she contains many positive characteristics and experiences many problems because of that.
Back to top Go down
Galactus05
Admin
Galactus05

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:02 am

why do you ask such hard questions? lol

but seriously if i were you id say you cant say homer or bart
cuz everyone will say that

top 5 (IN NO ORDER):

1) fat tony
2) milhouse/ralph
3) lionel hutz
4) moe
5) burns/wiggum/dr. nick
Back to top Go down
https://dreamworldhq.forumotion.com
KoolioKatThe2nd

KoolioKatThe2nd

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:07 am

Hands down RALPH
Back to top Go down
Galactus05
Admin
Galactus05

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:03 am

how is lisa your favorite
she is sooooo friggin annoying
Back to top Go down
Joey Wheelchair

Joey Wheelchair

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:16 am

Well I'm probably so Homer it ISNT even funny Doh! but since Mike doesnt want any Homer votes I'd have to say

Lenny! ...when hes not being a " homo "
Back to top Go down
Galactus05
Admin
Galactus05

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:17 am

lol
Back to top Go down
KoolioKatThe2nd

KoolioKatThe2nd

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:15 pm

Or the fat german kid
Back to top Go down
Galactus05
Admin
Galactus05

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:12 pm

uter
Back to top Go down
Bro Ken

Bro Ken

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:49 am

Galactus05 wrote:
how is lisa your favorite
she is sooooo friggin annoying

Dude, she's honest and she sees the underlining oppression in society's standards

I take Women's Studies class dude, I am really aware of these kinds of issues haha.

And she's speaks out against other people for good reasons. It's like how I tell kids not to do things at my store because it's disrespectful to other people. And it's like how I tell everyone that I'm better than them. Actually it's nothing like that, but I feel like talking about myself because I do that very often since I feel very lonely that no one considers me a valuable human being so I make myself feel that way haha. That was a very personal comment but it helps explain why I'm so self centered.
Back to top Go down
Joey Wheelchair

Joey Wheelchair

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:03 am

OK, first of all I must retell an old college campus saying.

Student 1 says: " What's your major?"
Student 2 says: " Psychology, why? "
Student 1 says: " Oh, your one of those people with so many head problems you took Psychology to try and figure out what the hell was wrong with you, huh? "

Alrightttyyy then, after reading the question and the reply. How long have you been majoring in Psychology?
Back to top Go down
Bro Ken

Bro Ken

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:39 am

My teacher thought I majored in psychology since I told her I was doing a weird experiment. I'll tell you all what happened so I was in speech class and it was speech day, there's this girl, Laura, that was about to supposed to go first for that day, but there were volunteers. So after 5 people volunteered, no one did, then here's the dialogue:

Laura said, "Why are you all worried, you know I'm going to go next if none of you volunteer."
Ken (me) said, "well, some of us don't remember you."

(the whole class was shocked when I said that and said "ohh")

Laura made an awe surprised expression

Mark said, "Wow Ken, you've been on a mean streak lately."
Ken said, "yeah, I've been working on being a jerk because I heard that being a jerk is more attractive than not being a jerk."
The whole class mainly the girls looked at me and said what?

Mark said, "dude, you aren't supposed to tell girls that, they don't realize that."
Ken said, "oh, so it's true."

So everyone looked at me and the teacher told me to speak with her after class, so I told her I was trying this experiment with being a jerk. And she asked me what my major was and I said Undeclared and she said "I thought it would be psychology"

Okay but the answer is I'm most likely going to go to a science and math field. But yes I am interested in how people's mind works, I have written a book about women's behavior back when I was in high school. And I also wrote a survey for girls to take so I could determine if they are worth asking out.
Back to top Go down
Joey Wheelchair

Joey Wheelchair

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:49 am

I have a question that is an absolute must for that survey but I will not type it on this forum. Remind me next time we play and I'll relay it to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons: Favorite character?   The Simpsons: Favorite character? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Simpsons: Favorite character?
Page 1 of 1